Thursday, February 11, 2016

Happy Love Birds

Hey Guys, it's Kara. I've already started to see your projects show up on your blogs and Instagram feeds using the February release and they are gorgeous! With so many great sets and dies released, it wasn't difficult to qualify for the Free Biggest Fan stamp set. If you haven't already, don't forget, today is the last day to qualify for this FREE set! Today I have paired it with another new favorite, Happy Birds, to create some one-of-a-kind Valentines for my husband.

I bought him a few little, silly treats and wanted to package them up in a way that made them seem a little more special.

Let's start with the card. I created the frame using the Sunshine Layers Die and the Anastasia Tag Die. I stamped the 'I just love you' sentiment from Biggest Fan at the top. The little love birds are stamped, die cut and colored with Copics. I created a male and female bird by adding a cute little bow and bowtie using the Unforgettable Dies.

By using a small hole punch, I was able to punch holes in the card front and tie the cinnamon toothpicks on with some cotton twine. Attaching the card front to the Cupids Bow card base {my favorite red by the way} with foam tape allowed room for the knots on the back of the card front.

I also picked up some Cherry Pop Rocks for him. I decided to create matchbook style packaging to hold them. And it's really easy to do.

Instructions:
  1. Cut a piece of card stock to 8.5 x 3.5 inches
  2. Score horizontally (across the short side) at 1 inch and again at 6.25 inches
  3. Fold at score lines and staple your treats inside
  4. Embellish

I embellished the front with more love birds, that awesome sentiment from Biggest Fan and sprinkled around a few hearts from the Backgrounds and Borders 3 stamp set. I can't wait to give these to Ryan on Valentine's Day. He really is a dork, but hey, so am I ;)

I also made him a batch of his favorite Molasses Cookies.  Visit my blog if you're interested in the recipe.

Thanks for stopping by!

Featured Supplies

***Some supplies in the list have been substituted with equivalents due to availability.***

8 comments:

  1. Hello!!! My favorite cookie is Molasses!!! You have created two darling cards with my new favorite stamp set!!! Kara! Just seriously darling... those bows!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great Kara. Beautiful colour and style. These stamps and dies are awesome and I LOVE molasses cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic in every way! Your husband will be delighted with these amazing cards/treats...and the cookies? Oh my! Checking out the recipe for sure!
    `carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, both cards are just adorable. I love how you added the treat. Hubby will certainly love the card as much as the treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards...love them!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards! So fun and adorable! And what a fun way to package treats!
    Awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest