Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm a Muse?

No really, I am. I can hardly believe it myself! I was beyond flattered when Chupa from the CASE Study Challenge blog contacted me to ask if I would be the Muse for July. Heck ya! She didn't even need to ask.

So, here comes the hard part for me. Each week in July, Chupa will select a card from my previous work and post it for all to CASE...including myself. Who would have known that CASE-ing yourself would be so darn hard?! I'm one who bores easily, always trying something new. So once I've created a project, I rarely revisit it. I am trying to work on this, as I know this is how you create a signature style. But heck, there is just so much to try out there! So, when I saw Chupa's first pick, my heart sank. Not because I don't love the card, I do. It's probably my all time favorite. But man it took me FOREVER to color. Literally.

But, I put on my big girl panties and went for it. The original card was actually the card I envisioned while illustrating A Special Lady. For my CASE, I decided to keep the layout and reuse the idea of creating a scene. I went with the lighthouse image from Guiding Light.

I hope you can find some time to check out the CASE Study Challenger, play along, and check out the amazing Design Team's work.

Project Supplies

Stamps: Guiding Light, The Birds & The Bees, Guiding Light Sentiments (Wplus9 Design Studio); Look Up (Practicing Creativity Designs)
Ink: Jet Black (Ranger Archival Ink); Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red, Sierra Sand (Stampin' Up!); Copic markers
Cardstock: White, Black, Vellum (Papertrey Ink)

11 comments:

  1. Dawn! How exciting for you - I am a big fan of your amazing talent and can't wait to see how people interpret your work. This card was one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, love CASE study, will have to see what I can come up with this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I didn't know my first pick gave you so much stress :)
    However, you got out of the oppression like a brave girl would - you created another masterpiece and reinforced your title as a superb Muse! haha
    Fabulous work, welcome to the Pantheon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Dawn, thanks so much for inspiring us this month! Your work is amazing and I am having so much fun CASEing your designs! Your style is beyond lovely, a wonderful mix of CAS, vintage and, well, down right gorgeousness! ~And I love your stamps, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is one of my favorites by you, as well, but you have outdone yourself on the CASE! I have such a soft spot for the Guiding Light set, and the scene you've created is so soft and serene. Congrats on being this month's Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so happy to have you as our muse this month, Dawn! I know that I'm going to have so much fun CASEing your fabulous creations and it's easy to see why you were picked as our muse from this week's card - simply stunning!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Dawn! Both cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading your posts...I can totally hear you talking with every word...especially that "put on your big girl panties part" LOL

    Girl...I LOVE that lighthouse! The coloring is DIVINE! You need to teach me how to color as fabulous as you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you should be a MUSE! Your work is wonderful, and these two cards are proof!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definately an amazing job of CASing yourself Dawn, I love the bright colours in the original but your second is pure brilliance! It is so wonderful to have you on board for July, very inspired!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest