Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Color Cue {8} Challenge

Details

Create a card, scrapbook page, digital layout, tag, whatever...just make sure to use the above colors, yellow, scarlet, green, and white. PTI color equivalents are Harvest Gold, Scarlet Jewel, Simply Chartreuse, but anything you have on hand close to the colors will do. Black or Brown for sentiments or outlines is fine as always.

Create your project and post it to your blog or online photo gallery such as Flickr or SCS. Add a direct link to your project (not your homepage please) by clicking the "add your link" button below.

Deadline

You have until October 7th at 10:59 pm EST to play along. You will know the deadline has passed when the link to add your project is no longer available.

Bonus

If you have Wplus9 stamps in your stash, now would be the time to bust them out. I will be collecting lucky participants to feature as "On Cue with Color" here on the blog and at The Studio. If you don't have any yet...don't worry I still want to be inspired by you and you will still be featured here on the blog!

Here's some inspiration from the Wplus9 Design Team to get you started. Just click on each name to visit their blog and get the details on their projects.

I just love how this card turned out. I knew from the start that I wanted to use Wplus9's Funky Foliage. I wanted to create a larger focal point for the 5x5" card so I created this large tree by using a bit of masking for the trunk to create multiple branches. I then came in and added layers of leaves in a variety of colors to fill in the tree. Now it's been over 15 years since I've experienced a true fall and witnessed the trees change their colors. But in my world...they turn scarlet too. LOL


Jinny Newlin

Hannah Craner


Elise Durenberger

Maile Belles

Savitri Wilder

Kerrianne Gwin

Now it's your turn! Add your link below.


15 comments:

  1. I love how you made that tree with Fall colors, Dawn! You are a such a fantastic card designer.

    LOVE the colors this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How? How? HOW do you do it? Time after time, kicking the ball {color combo} through the uprights of color fabulousness! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! First {!} you come up with the combo... SECONDDDDDD - make a card that shows off those colors in such a spectacular way, I get the CHILLS! 'Scuse me, whilst I RUN, cartwheel and flip flop to my scraproom so I can ink up that fabulous and NEGLECTED stamp {golly, GOSH, I love that image!} ... you are DA wo-man! This card and THIS palette is exquisite! I am, literally, on the edge of my seat with excitement, to see what the fine folks of Blogland do with this be-jeweled palette! Yeeeee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I LOVE the color combo! I see a Fall card coming for me! I know what you mean about not seeing the Fall colors, we don't see them much here either! And I love Fall! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you helped that tree "grow", Dawn! Genius! And so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! The DT cards are just heavenly to look at, gorgeous! I do think you meant to say the deadline is October 7th though, not September:) Can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous, Dawn! What a great way to use the color combination. I love how nothing about it feels forced. Not like, Oh, I need to get this color in, too. So, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the cards.. wow.. great color combo this time, I've already done mine and posted it... thks for the inspiration Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oohhh, such gorgeous colours and samples! I can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this colour combination - I am going to give it a go as a Christmas card as well as something for this challenge. Keep up the great work, as far as I am concerned, from half was round the world in Australia, my dealings with Wpus9 have been fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just *LOVE* all your cards - you gals rock the stmaping world, I tell you!! :D Thank you for another FAB challenge, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these cards are so GORGEOUS! Gonna have to play. I love the color scheme, too! Thanks for the inspiration, Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the super colour challenge! I've been itching to play along for so long and finally grabbed the chance to - yay!
    Super inspirational creations from the talented DT!
    Hugs
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I'm late, but I wanted to share my creation for this challenge: http://deesignsbyninadee.blogspot.com/2010/10/greenhouse-butterflies.html
    I loved this color combination and just had to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest