Friday, March 12, 2010

Smile

I almost forgot to post this little number, until I saw it was featured on the CARDS blog today.

The challenge was to create a 3x3 mini card and this guy took me under 5 minutes from concept to clean-up. I find that when I need a quick card two colors and a nice focal image make it a snap. I chose SU!'s Real Red and PTI's Vintage Cream. For my focal image, I used one of the tree tops and the "smile" sentiment from Funky Foliage. A simple button tied around a scrap piece of Pure Poppy PTI saddle stitched ribbon was the perfect ending.

Smile Project Supplies

Cardstock
Rustic Cream by PTI
Ink
Real Red craft ink by SU!
Stamps
Funky Foliage by Wplus9 Design Studio
Other
Vintage cream buttons, Pure Poppy saddle stitch ribbon, and twine by PTI

7 comments:

  1. super little card! congrats on making the challenge gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the CARDS blog, and for your publication below! This card is so sweet, and CAS, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love quick cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I love it. I SO needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS, Dawn, you ROCK STAR! Sooooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest